We at æther (www.aether-mobile.com), commit ourselves to protecting and respecting your privacy when visiting our website.
This policy may change from time to time so it’s a good idea to come back and read through it again, from time to time.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the identity of our data controller shall be available upon enquiry by email.
DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (www.aether-mobile.com). This includes provided information at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We might also request further information and if you should report a problem with our site.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence if you should contact us.
- Details of the resources you access and of your visits to our site
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and of the completion of your orders.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys, with your views on our service that we may use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties, for example, collected from other members of your household.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer; this is statistical data concerning your browsing actions and does not identify you individually. This information includes your IP address where available, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report collective information to our advertisers.
We may also collect information about your general internet usage using cookie files stored on the hard drive of all computers. The cookies contain valuable information that is transferred to your computers hard drive. In collecting this information we are able to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- recognise you when you return to our site
You can refuse to accept cookies but note that in doing this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information sent to æther is encrypted (scrambled) using 128bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects your data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our sites. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you of any changes to our service.
- To ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Where you have consented to be contacted, to provide you with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we feel will be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so.
- To carry out our obligations concerning any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may also use your data to inform you and provide information on goods and services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want your data used in this way or passed onto third parties for marketing purposes please omit from ticking the relevant box on the form in which we collect your data. Alternatively you can opt out from marketing material by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not disclose information which will identify individuals to our
advertisers. We may however provide them with collective information
about our users. We may also use collective data to help our
advertisers reach their target audience. The data collected may also be
used by us in order to comply with our advertiser’s wishes in
displaying their advertisement to their target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. These include our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To the prospective buyer or seller of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
From time to time our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you visit any of these sites please note that they have their own privacy policies and you should check these before submitting any personal data. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
We are more than happy to provide you with full details of the information we hold on you. Any request may be subject to a fee of £40.00 in order to meet our costs in providing any details of the information we may hold about you.